Editor-in-Chief: Tytti Solankallio-Vahteri
The JAMK Journal of Health and Social Studies (JAMK-JHSS) is an international online journal hosted by JAMK University of Applied Sciences and provides a forum for original research and scholarship in the field of health care and social studies about health care delivery, care management, organization, labor force, policy, decision making along with research methods relevant to nurses, social workers and other related professionals. The journal aims to promote excellence in health care and social services by publishing original researches, systematic and other scholarly reviews, evidence-based information, critical discussions and commentary together with research plans of the highest standard.
The JAMK-JHSS exceptionally welcomes high-quality systematic reviews that direct to analyze and improve the quality of health care and social services provided by health care providers, such as nurses and social workers, with employing the most appropriate analytic techniques, measures, designs and research methods used for the research question of interest.
The JAMK-JHSS publishes original articles in a double-blinded peer-reviewed process of interest to the international health care and social services communities and it offers authors the benefits of:
- A highly respected journal in health care and social services field
- Finding the major database indexes by the first year of publication: PubMed, Medline, CINAHL and the BNI (British Nursing Index).
- Finding a truly global readership as well as significant intervention in its field
- Efficient editorial processes with the average time from submission to first decision of 2 weeks
- Professional peer reviewing process by a wide range of international researchers from different research disciplines
- Open access publication and free of charge
- Language of publication is English or Finnish
- Online publication as soon as 3 weeks after the submission of final approved version.
The journal supports the Equator Network (http://www.equator-network.org/) which is an international resourcefulness seeking to enhance the reliability and the value of health-related studies by providing logical and accurate reporting of research literature. The JAMK-JHSS requests authors to apply appropriate reporting guidelines, while submitting their research articles, to follow excellence in scientific reporting.