Submission of all manuscripts should be original contributions i.e. it has not been published before or it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
All manuscripts need to be approved by all co-authors and when necessary, by the responsible authorities where the work has been carried out. The publisher will not be held legally responsible if there are any claims regarding above possible undesired copyright issues. All manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism (Urkund). Manuscripts should be sent by email to eila.burns (at) jamk.fi. Indicate the category of your manuscript i.e. research paper or practice-based paper.
Title Page and abstract
The title page should be submitted as a separate file and include the following:
- A short informative title
- The name(s), affiliation(s), address(es), and e-mails of all author(s). Please indicate who will be the corresponding author.
- An abstract of maximum 150-300 words which should not contain any abbreviations or references
- 4 to 6 keywords which describe your manuscript
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Word and not include any information which may reveal name(s) of author(s). Manuscripts should be written in English or in Finnish. The length of the articles is 4,000 – 8,000 words.
- Use 12-point Times Roman for text and single line spacing.
- Submit artwork (figures or tables) separately.
- Use sub-headings for consecutive sections
- Acknowledgments of people, grants, funds, etc. should be mentioned in a separate section before the references.
- If you are not writing in your native language, you may want to have your manuscript edited by a native speaker prior to submission.
Citation and References
Use JAMK’s instructions for Use of Sources
- Tables and figures are to be numbered and provided with a caption (title). While a figure caption is located under the figure, a table caption is located above the table (this is automatically taken care of if caption function of Microsoft Word is used).
- Tables and figures should be referenced appropriately at the end of captions if they are adapted from other sources.
- Tables and figures should be saved as .jpg or .png files each and submitted separately as part of artwork.
- There should not be any artwork in the manuscript. The places where artwork will be inserted in the manuscript should be indicated in separate lines like “Insert Figure 1 about here”, “Insert Table 1 about here”, etc.