Finnish Business Review is a peer-reviewed, open-access international forum for the publication of original research articles and cases on managerial issues in Finnish and international contexts. It was established by Jamk University of Applied Sciences in the year 2014, and it is included in the EBSCO Business Source Elite database.
Editors-in-Chief: Murat Akpinar; Anne Eskola; Marianne Ekonen; Shab Hundal; Sunday Olaleye
Aims and Scope
The scope of the journal covers fields like general management, marketing, strategy, finance, accounting, sales, economics, human resources management and supply chain management. Challenges related to competitiveness, internationalization, digital business, entrepreneurship, and innovations will be areas of primary focus in the journal in the context of global trends in business and roles played by institutions within regional, national, and international contexts.
The impact factor of the journal is calculated only for the articles and updated at the end of every year based on Google Scholar citations. The impact factor as of 31.12.2023 is 0.76.
Manuscripts can be submitted in English or Finnish languages. Following receipt of a submission, the corresponding author will be given notice that the files were received in proper order. Editors-in-chief may desk-reject a submission if it fails to meet the journal’s aims and scope or quality expectations.
If this stage is passed, the journal follows a double-blind reviewing procedure. Every paper is reviewed anonymously by two independent reviewers. For this purpose, authors are requested not to place their name, affiliation, or acknowledgment in the manuscript at first submission. The review process should not take more than four weeks (there may be delays during summer holidays), and the editorial decision following the double-blind review will be communicated to the corresponding authors in due time. The review process continues for accepted submissions until the reviewers are fully satisfied with manuscript corrections. Fully accepted papers will be published immediately online without queuing for an available issue.
There is no article submission or processing charge.
International Editorial Board
Finnish Business Review has an International Editorial Board. The Board members are:
- Dr. Murat Akpinar, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Maria del Mar Camacho-Minano, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
- Dr. Özge Can, Yasar University, Turkey
- Dr. Marianne Ekonen, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Erman Erkan, Atilim University, Turkey
- Dr. Anne Eskola, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Shab Hundal, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Sami Kalliomaa, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Ashwani Luthra, Guru Nanak Dev University, India
- Dr. Melike Mermercioglu, Koc University, Turkey
- Dr. Sunday Olaleye, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Dubravko Sabolic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Dr. Salman Saleem, Tamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Juha Saukkonen, Jamk University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Minna Tunkkari-Eskelinen, JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Dr. Zsuzsanna Vincze, Umeå University, Sweden
- Dr. Peter Zettinig, University of Turku, Finland